Artellect Pte Ltd (the Company) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the purpose for the collection of personal data, how we will store and use the personal data, and the steps that we take to protect your personal data.
Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access to. Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) and also under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) where applicable.
Please read the policy carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect and handle your personal data in accordance with PDPA and GDPR on our website.
The purpose for which the Company collects personal data include:
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and the Company;
- Ensuring that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your software/hardware to use;
- Providing you with alerts, newsletters, education materials or information that you request for or signed up to;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, as and when you choose to do so;
- Designing and conducting surveys or questionnaires for client profiling or segmentation and statistical analysis;
- Improving and furthering the provision of our products and services to you;
- Researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- Promoting and marketing services and products to you. This is subject to you exercising your opt-out right (detailed below);
- Complying with laws and regulations applicable to us and our affiliates in or outside Singapore;
- Legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advice;
Your name, contact details (including address, contact number, email address), products and services information, transaction pattern and behaviours, background and demographic data held by us may, from time to time, be used in direct marketing.
The following types of services, products and events may be marketed through direct marketing:
- Services and products related to our site and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of);
- Reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, promotional offers and related services;
- Invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply informing us and we will cease to do so. See below for contact details.
Collection and processing of personal data
As part of our services we will collect and process the following data:
- Personal information that you provide when you fill in forms on the Company’s website (www. artellect.net). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services by filling in the application form, posting material or requesting further services;
- We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our site;
- When you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes;
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
Retention of personal data
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary to deliver our services or where the law requires us to do so. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential and the information will be shared only with:
- Our personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, government agencies and other service providers for the purpose of facilitating the application and placement process;
- Our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any) for the purpose of facilitating the application and placement process;
- Persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Singapore.
As part of sharing client feedback with potential applicants, we may, from time to time, post your name and your experience on our website. Such postings will only be undertaken with your prior consent.
All personal data collected are stored on our secure servers. You will be given (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site. You are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
While we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when on transmission to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We hold your data on servers in Singapore, Germany and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may transfer your data to our overseas offices or to persons whom we may share information with who are located in or outside of Singapore.
Your consent and rights
By using our services in making an application or just visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data and other activities as outlined in this Policy Statement.
Under the PDPA and GDPR, individuals have the right:
- To check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- To require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
- To ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us and
- To object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
We shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes once you communicate your objection to us. You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us straightaway.
Please send requests via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the terms of the PDPA, we have the right to, and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: 15 APRIL 2020